Dear Friends and Family,
Yeah! I finally figured out my user name and password. I am thrilled to be in! I am absolutely humbled by all of the loving and supportive emails we received regarding our decision to adopt. I am thrilled to share this wonderful journey with such amazing people.
Here is a small update of were we are at. We are still waiting for the contract to come in the mail from JOH. It has been about 2 weeks now and they said it takes about 3, so next week could be the week.
Paul and I went on Wednesday, January 31st to have our finger prints taken for DCFS. This is just one of several things we still need to do to complete the application process. Paul completed our Evacuation Plan for DCFS and we have 3 big things left to do. We all need to have complete physicals, Paul and I need to write our Autobiography, and we need to gather pictures of us. Then this phase is complete. Once all of this paperwork is finished we will begin the home study process. The home study takes about 2 to 3 months.
Please feel free to comment and ask questions on the blog. I will be sure to reply as soon as I can.
For all wondering if Willow is going to be her name, the answer is YES. We will use her given name as her middle name and Willow as her first name. This is just our thoughts, but we need to remain open. I looked up Willow on a baby name site and it is not only a tree, but it means freedom.
Stay tuned......
No comments:
Post a Comment