Ah, a month later. Wondering what is going on?? Here is a quick update. All of our application information is complete. This was a long process and very detailed with many Dr. appointments. If we hadn't reached our deductable with our insurance, I am sure we did by now.
Paul and I are registered for our Adoption course at the end of the month. We have to have 10 hours of adoption education. This is a two day cource.
We sent in out INS application. We recieved a letter letting us know, we are in the system as of the end of March. The application will be processed once the Homestudy is complete and sent to them.
We received our letter to go now and get finger printed for FBI clearance. We have 84 days to do have them done. I am sure we will have that completed by the end of next week.
This Wednesday, April 11th, we have out first Homestudy meeting. It is a 2 hour meeting. I am excited because our social worker is eager to get started, so we can move onto the next step.
Paul and I have our applications filled out for our Pass Ports, but need to complete the process. We just can't find the time to take the picture and get to the post office. Paul is taking a vacation day on Wednesday. After the Homestudy is over, we will try and have our pictures taken and finish the process.
I have signed up for several yahoo groups to find other families who are adopting from Taiwan. I am excited about this. I am also reading two books, Culture Shock Taiwan and 20 Things Adopted Children which their Adoptive Parents Knew. This book is pretty deep.
Also, Paul and I took a certification class for First Aid and CPR. We are happy to say, we both passed. Yeah!
That's it for now. More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment