I have lots of information to share in this post, so I may split it up so it is not way to long. First, I want to let you know that Paul and I trucked into the city on Tuesday, March 4th to have all of the papers Authenticated at the Secretary of States Office and then Legalized at TECO (Taipei Economic and Cultural Office). It took us about 2 hrs. to complete and make copies. The paperwork was sent to JOH in Oregon on Wednesday, March 5th. Tien received the paperwork on Thursday, March 6th and our dossier was mailed to Taiwan on Friday, March 7th. I am thinking our paperwork will arrive in Taiwan tomorrow (Wednesday, March 12th).
Another tid bit of information and clarification. When Paul and I received the referral email from Tien the name on the email and documents said Wang Hsin-Yi. Well, when we received the legal paperwork there was a comma between Wang and Hsin-Yi. This lead Paul and I to believe that her last name was Wang and her first name is Hsin and middle name Yi. I emailed Tien to confirm this and she said we were correct. So, her American name will be Willow Hsin-Yi Hedstrom. Wang is the family name which is put in front of the give name in Taiwan. I learned something new.
On last note. I emailed Tien to find out were Willow Hsin-Yi was currently living since she was born in Kaohsiung and Program III is in Taichung. Kaohsiung is quit a distance from Taichung so I was not sure were we would be picking Willow up. Tien emailed back and said that Hsin-Yi is in foster care in Taichung just around the corner from Program III. She also said we would be picking her up in Taichung when go to Taiwan. It was great to hear she is in Foster Care and being loved by the Foster Mother.
I am excited because Tien emailed the address I can send a care package to. So, that is what I am going to be working on putting together. Fun, fun!
Willow's room is oh so close to being completed. Paul and I just need to find a free day to finish it. It is going to be so cute! Big thanks to my friend Tracey who without her Willow's room would still be black and white. Thank you Tracey you are a blessing!
Next post will be the court process breakdown.
Blessings,
Andrea
No comments:
Post a Comment