Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yeah Update time.

Look at this little sweet pea! Really, I want to smootch her right up. This is our first update since we received the referral in February. I have heard many other adoptive parents say update time is bitter sweet and I have to agree with them. It is so exciting to see how your baby has changed, the new expressions, a smile or a glimps of that little personality shinning through in a few pictures and a video. Then it hits you that this is all happening and you are not there. Willow is 5 months old now. She looks happy, healthy and content. I love in the video when the woman holding the camera says "How cute are you?" Oh, it just makes me smile and cry and laugh because she is to adorable for words. I thank God daily for this precious gift and for this opportunity to love and parent this baby girl. Many people say she is so lucky and honestly I feel we are the lucky ones. Our hearing date is a little over a month away. Please pray things go smoothly for us and maybe even that we bye pass the 1st ruling and go straight to the final ruling. That would be the icing on the cake of this journey. Of course the cherry and sprinkles is going to pick Willow up and holding her in our arms for the very first time. Blessings, Andrea

7 comments:

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Ohhh Andrea!!!!! Willow is sooooo soooooo soooooo adorable!!! She is just so cute. I can't say it enough. You waited so long, but this must make it seem like things happen the way they are meant too. She is precious. Sarah

Casey said...

Andrea~

Oh my goodness, she is so beautiful! I'm so excited for you that you received these wonderful new pictures. I can't wait until you are holding Willow in your arms.
Congrats.
Casey Guion

Joe&MichelleLiss said...

She is so beautiful Andrea! She looks so happy and so sweet! She will be with you before you know it.

Yvonne Crawford said...

oh so cute!!! I'm so happy for you!

Anne Marie said...

Oh, oh, oh, Willow is adorable!!! TOoooo cute!! She is growing that's for sure. Wishing you the speediest process possible!!

Lisa said...

Willow is just adorable!! I look forward to following your journey!!
Lisa R.

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

Your daughter is beautiful!!! I know how you long to hold her in your arms. Soon she will be home where she belongs!!!

I look forward to reading updates about your journey to willow.

From one blessed mother to another,

Krista

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
Willow's camera smile.