What a pleasant surprise to receive Willow's update on her 7 month birthday! Her pictures and measurements were taken on May 28th and it looks like she is growing nicely. It is official that she likes to smile! So cute!
We are starting to prepare for travel to Taiwan. Though our Final Ruling has not come in yet and we don't have travel dates we know it is going to come very soon. Willow's room is ready, I just have a few paintings I would still like to create and hang and the bedding for the crib is currently being made. We are beginning to get all the necessary paperwork together and I have opened a suitcase and am starting to put items in there we will need to bring.
The reality hit me when we received the First Ruling last Friday, June 6th that we will be going to pick up our daughter very soon. We are on the last hurdle and headed for the finish line and then there will be 4.
On June 16th it will be officially 10 days after the First Ruling. This 10 days is the time when any other family member of Willow Hsin-Yi can step forward and express their wish that she not be placed for adoptions. Once we pass the 10 days she is ours. On average is it about 4 weeks after the First Ruling that the judge will sign the final paperwork and we will receive our Final Ruling and the date of our AIT appointment. Other JOH families have traveled 2 weeks after their final ruling and some have traveled as early as 3 days after receiving their Final Ruling. We want to make sure we are ready for either scenario.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we head for the finish line.
Blessings,
Andrea
6 comments:
She's gorgeous-those biggggg eyes! And she's watching the caretaker so intently-excited to hear about your final ruling!
FYI, Taiwan is supposedly very very hot and humid in the summer-be prepared! ;)
nicole
Ohhhh Andrea, Willow is just to beautiful for words!!!!!! I absolutely love her smile. She looks so very happy and content. I can't wait to follow your journey to pick her up! Sarah
She is gorgeous!!!! I'm so excited to see her in your arms.
Casey
Andrea,
Willow is just beautiful and her smile just melted my heart. I hope that you hear of travel news very soon. Who knows maybe it will be the same weekend we are going! (7/4) Her new pictures and video show just how adorable she really is. I know that you are going crazy right now!!! Hang in there...
Lora
She is darling! Maybe we will be going at the same time! Is she at St. Lucy's?
Yay! The 10 days are up! Wow, that is the cutest video I have ever seen of *any* of the babies -- non-stop smiles from darling Willow! I can't wait 'til you get your travel dates!
Post a Comment