Monday, September 15, 2008

11 Days since last post...






Life has been crazy these past 11 days. Luc started 1st grade on the 4th of the month and last week was his first full week. So far he is really enjoying it and LOVES taking the bus.
Willow is just a precious peach! We are enjoying our time together and finding it rather hard to be separated. On Friday, September 12th we had her court hearing in Chicago for her re-adoption. When Luc got home from school we went out for Dinner with my parents. The pictures of the family are from Friday. You will see that Luc covered Willow's face in the family picture. That just sums up how he has been adjusting to things. I would say about 90% of the time he is so happy Willow is home and he loves her up. The other 10% is him being a stinker. I had my Mom sneak a picture of me an Willow when Paul took Luc to the bathroom.
Today I am taking Willow to the Cranial Institute of Technology to have her fitted for a band. It is hard to see in pictures but Willow's head is rather flat in the back and wide on the side. Her pediatrician recommended we have her head looked at and they highly recommend this for her. She will have to wear the helmet type band 23 hours a day for anywhere from 3 to 7 months. It will all depend on how quickly her head changes. I will have to drive to Oakbrook (about 45 min. away) every two weeks for check-ups. She will probably get fitted for the band in about 2 to 3 weeks. I feel I am adjusting to being a Mom of two rather well. I will say that email and phone calls don't happen as often as they used to and everything takes me twice as long to complete. I am learning how to be okay with it. I waited far to long to parent another child and God has given me the opportunity. I am not going to take one moment of it for granted. I thank God daily for both of our precious gifts. Willow has been in our arms now for 8 weeks and it feels like she has been with us forever. We are so blessed!

4 comments:

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Andrea, I have to say I think a 90-10 ratio of being happy to be a new sibling vs a stinker is GREAT!! Good job mom! Your kids are both just beautiful! I am so happy for you. Sarah = )

Lisa said...

Both of your kiddos are adorable. Willow is such a beauty! I think Luc is handling it so well; our Lauren will be 6 when her baby brother arrives home and she is so thrilled, in theory! :) I hope the reality can be 90-10 for her too!
Thanks for keeping us updated; sounds like you are doing a super job!
Lisa C. Illinois
www.destination-taiwan.blogspot.com

Joe&MichelleLiss said...

Andrea Willow is SO adorable! I want to go out and buy that dress with matching headband for Katie right now! I have to also comment that a 90-10 ratio is pretty darn good. When I was 7 and my brother was born for the first year it was about a 10-90 ratio for me! I was a stinker 90% of the time!

lorabelle said...

Oh, I love that these new pictures of your family and of Willow.
She is just so beautiful!!!!
Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
Lora

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
Willow's camera smile.