Sunday, October 12, 2008

Willow has been with us 3 months...



Hello to all! I hope this update finds everyone well. Apperently I am sick in the head to be updating the blog at 2:30am when I have a wedding party to do in about 4.5 hrs. For some reason I just can't sleep. I created a slide show that I will try my best to upload onto the blog. I have been trying to figure out how to add the music to all of the slides. I think there may be a glitch in the first picture. Okay, quick update.... Willow is doing great! She is so much fun to be with. She smiles and laughs very easily. She is a woman on the move. There is not much holding her back. She loves to pull herself up and stand. She enjoys eating all sorts of foods. She is now on Organic Whole Milk, per the Dr.s orders and she LOVES it! She is into picking up all of her food on her own. So I do my best to give her foods she can pick up. I recently cut up carrots into sticks and boiled them until they were soft. She really enjoys eating those. I would say her favorite food is Apple sauce. As you can see in the pictures, Willow is under going Band Therapy. This will help to reshape her head. Her head is rather flat in the back and the Dr. recommended we have it looked at. She decided to move forward with the Band Therapy to prevent any helmet or hat fitting problems in the future along with preventing any self esteem issues. Willow is really good with it on. She does not mind it at all. She has to wear it for 23 hours and gets a 1 hr. break each day. This is when we clean the band and give her a bath. She has been wearing the band now for just under 2 weeks and I already notice a difference. Her head shape is the hardest to correct.
It is hard to believe that Willow will be a year old next month. I am in the planning stages for her birthday party. It will be on November 8th. Invitations will be going out soon.
Willow keeps me very busy. She is a mover and a shaker. I am having a challenging time trying to fit in basic household chores and taking care of myself. I have worked out a hand full of times since arriving home from Taiwan and it is taking a toll on me. This was a challenge for me with Luc at this age as well. I am confident it will get easier and right now I am enjoying every moment with Willow.
ELC Online has been so patient with and so understanding. I am so grateful to work for such a caring company. I will be picking up hours that become available and work with my life. What a blessing this is!
There will be more to come...off to bed I go!
Blessings,
Andrea


6 comments:

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Oh my gosh Andrea, I cannot believe you are up so late!! or so early...I hope you have a great event today. I sure enjoy the darling pictures of Willow. That little girl is so super cute that she looks great even with a band on her head!! = ) Thanks for the update.

Casey said...

She is so cute. Thanks for always keeping us updated. :-)

Casey

Nicole said...

I was wondering where you are! :) Glad to see you again or read and see the great pics-she's adorable! What a trooper!!
nicole

Joe&MichelleLiss said...

She is such a cutie! I am glad you and Willow and the fam are doing so well. Thanks for the update!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

She is the cutest thing!! Thanks so much for the update :) I am a bit behind here!

blessings,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Ching said...

Andrea,

Willow is adorable! I'm glad that she is tolerating the band and that you've already seen progress with her head shape. Wow, she's already on whole milk! Emma's on stage 3 foods now and I'm trying to figure out what table foods to give her. Is Willow cruising along furniture like Emma?

Ching

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
Willow's camera smile.