Thursday, June 7, 2007

Finger print Fiasco

Hi! I hope this post finds everyone well and enjoying the very early hot summer weather. There has not been much to report the past couple of weeks, so I thought I would wait until I stored up some information.

On June 4th, we finally received our clearance from DCFS. This information is needed to complete our home study. I also received a letter in the mail the same day from USCIS and they said that I had to be re-printed. Ugggg! I was not to happy since the lady did electronic prints and ink prints to ensure I would not have to go back. There is no way to contact the location you were printed at, so I had to take another trip out to Naperville to get re-printed (went Wednesday, June 6th). Thank goodness the lady who did my prints to begin with looked into things right away and said that my first set of prints were not accepted, but my ink prints were. So, all is good with that. Yeah!!

I did receive word that Tien does have our home study in hand and is in the process of reviewing it. She received it on May 21st. It takes anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks for Tien to complete the home study review.

We are not expecting to get our pass ports until the first week in July and we are currently working on our picture pages. Based on some information Tien provided us with, we anticipate a long wait. I am shooting for FALL. Here is what Tien said about a referral . We have so many families wanted a girl so you might not have a referral around July.

There is not much else for me to report. I can share with you that I set up the first Ladies Night Out with the other women who are adopting through JOH Program 3 and we had a wonderful turn out. It was great to get to know them and find out more about the different steps I have not yet taken. I am looking forward to the next time we get together.

I will be back with more news as soon as I have something to report. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
Willow's camera smile.