Dear Family and Friends,
I am sure many of you are checking in to see if I have posted any good new of our progress thus far. I have been holding off as long as I can for some good news to share, but with no avail, I have nothing. We are still very much in the same place as we were when I posted last. We are still not on the "waiting list". Why are we still not on the waiting list? Well, for one because the hard copy of our home study is still not in Oregon with Tien, were it needs to be. It has been completed for a few weeks now, but there was a problem with the signature page, so a request had to be put in for a change. I spoke with Ann from JOH yesterday and she said that now DCFS is requiring our home study to go to them before going to USCIS so we can get out I171 approval. DCFS has to write an acceptance letter of some sort. This is a new rule that just started today. The second reason we are not yet on the waiting list is because we still do not have our passports. We have been waiting now for 15 weeks. Yes, 15 weeks!! Do you think I can contact anyone to find out how much longer. NOOOOO! If I am not traveling tomorrow then there is nothing they can do. So, once again it is out of Paul and my hands. They need to have a separate department for people adopting, because we want this to move along like we were leaving to go on vacation tomorrow. The third component to being on the "waiting list" is our PICTURE PAGES. I am happy to say that those have been completed and are with Tien in Oregon. So, our job is complete.
Okay, so on a positive note. I am on a Yahoo chat board for JOH Taiwan Program III and it has been nothing but amazing news for the families. In the month of June JOH received 11 referrals. That is huge. The judges seem to be moving through the cases quickly and many people who received their referral in May are already having their first and second hearings. That is big news. I am not going to get to excited, but it does make things look just a little bit brighter. I couldn't be more thrilled for all of those families who are receiving this fabulous news. All of the babies in our group are absolutely beautiful!
That is all the new I have for now. I hope to be able to bring some good news soon. I am thankful I have God in my life, he provides me with strength, trust, love and a stronger faith daily. I try my hardest to remain positive with the thought that God will bring our daughter to us when it is the right time.
Much love,
Andrea
No comments:
Post a Comment