Dear Family and Friends,
I wanted to share with everyone that we are now officially on the "waiting list". Yes, you read it correctly. We are now WAITING FOR WILLOW!!! We are still waiting for our passports and cannot receive a referral until Tien has that information, but we are on the list.
I am currently taking action on our passports. I contacted Obama's Office yesterday and spoke with a gentleman by the name of Paul. He said they should be able to help us out. We had to fill out a form and fax it to him. We took care of that immediately. Cross your fingers that this will speed things up.
I thought you all might be interested in our timeline thus far.
1-16-07 Application sent into JOH
1-31-07 DCFS Prints
2-10-07 Application accepted/ Contract received from JOH
2-21-07 Contract signed, notarized and sent
3-09-07 Completed and mailed final forms for application.
4-11-07 First homestudy visit
4-21-07 Second homestudy visit
4-28-07 Day 1 - Education class
4-29-07 Day 2 - Education class
6-04-07 DCFS Clarence
6-06-07 FBI Prints Accepted
6-25-07 Final Draft of homestudy completed/waiting for signature page to be notarized.
7-15-07 Error on signature page of homestudy, request for correction sent in.
7-23-07 Received Service Plan
8-06-07 Tien received the completed and corrected homestudy
8-08-07 Verification that we are officially on "waiting list".
I will be sure to let you know when we receive our passports. Our focus now is to work on the Service Plan. We have until November to complete all aspects of this plan. It is like homework to prepare us for bringing Willow home.
Prayers for a speedy referral.
Andrea :)
No comments:
Post a Comment