Thursday, July 31, 2008

Here is what we have been up to...




















Willow's first experience with stage 1 solids.
Squash is the first food she tried. Yum! 7-24-08
















Look how wide awake and happy Luc and
Willow are. Dad are you okay??




Luc, Willow and cousin Scarlett playing at
Nibbles Cafe in Wheeling. 7-25-08





















The 2nd biggest White Sox fan!
7-28-08




















Tummy time over by friend Dana's house. She looks like a little model in this picture. One of my favorites. 7-29-08


Hi All,

I have been trying to update this blog for almost 2 weeks and every time I sit down to do it, I have to step away to do something else. I have so much to write and I am most likely going to have to do two separate posts.

As you can tell we have been very busy! Dr.'s appointments, visiting friends, church functions, family gatherings etc.. Even thought things have been busy Willow has been doing great. She is always smiling and eager to see something new.

She is scooting her way across the ground really well. She gets those knees right under her but and moves herself. Once she gets her coordination down I think she will be crawling like crazy. She is very curious about everything and wants to learn. She can sit up for about 2 min. unassisted and then falls over onto her tummy. She loves to stand on our legs when we are holding her. She will bob up and down. Her leg strength is getting better.

As far as stage 1 solids go she has tried squash, sweet pea, carrot, green bean, apple sauce, prune and pear. Her favorite veggie is sweet pea and her least favorite is green beans. She enjoys eating her solids and gets really excited when she sees them come out.

She has fallen into a routine nicely and is sleeping through the night. She enjoys her crib and loves to be rocked by Mommy or Daddy before falling off to sleep on occasion. It has been wonderful seeing her transition from detached to attached.

We are in love and I can't begin to tell you how incredible and rewarding it is when we look into her eyes and see her love for us. She is such a blessing in our lives.

Luc and Willow seem to be adjusting to one another nicely. It cracks me up how much Willow will take of Luc's loud voice and craziness. She seems to enjoy it and is always looking for his attention. When she is drinking her bottle and he says one word she will stop everything and search the room for him. She finds Luc to be comical and is a great source of entertainment for her. Luc is sort of the same way. He can't wait for her to wake up from her naps and will check on her 10 times in 20 min. He can't wait for the next moment to practice his routine. lol

Don't get me wrong Luc has his moments with her. They tend to be when other people are around. Overall I am pleased with his adjustment thus far. It is still early yet. We have only been home now for 2.5 weeks, and it is a process.

We have a very busy weekend. Our church benefit concert and pig roast is on Saturday and Sunday is Luc's 7th birthday and family party. So lots to come!

I look forward to sharing more pictures and information soon. Still to come are pictures of Willow with great Grandma and her sitting up. Stay tuned....

Hugs and blessings to all!

Andrea

P.S. The first t-shirt order is in. Yeah!!

3 comments:

Ching said...

Andrea,
I'm so glad that Willow is adjusting well to being home! She does look like a model in that one photo. She is beautiful and has such expressive eyes! Looking forward to seeing you at the picnic!

Ching

Lisa said...

Andrea,
So glad that Willow is adjusting. I love to see how she looks as if she has always been with you guys. Keep the posts coming.
Lisa R.

BabyBain said...

Love the bow in her hair! We have enjoyed reading your journey.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
Willow's camera smile.