Hi Everyone,
Well, today is our last day in Taiwan. Our flight leaves this evening at 7:50pm. It is going to be a long journey home, and we are ready. I am feeling a bit sad today knowing that we are saying goodbye, for now, to Willow's homeland. We are planning on returning when she is older and feel blessed to have had this time here to appreciate were she is from. It is sort of a bittersweet feeling.
Yesterday was our AIT appointment and everything went well. After AIT we came back to the hotel and put Willow down for a nap. Then later in the day we took a cab to the Taiwan Handycraft Promotion Center. This place is amazing! We spent about 3 hrs. in there. It is 4 floors and there is so much to look at. Willow did great! She took two naps yesterday in the Ergo Carrier with Paul. Her morning nap and early evening nap. After the Handycraft Center we came back to the hotel, went to dinner, and then got Willow ready for bed and did some packing.
Willow has been doing really well. So far there have been no adjustment issues. I'm sure all of the doting and kisses can take its toll on any baby, and she seems to enjoy it.
Our plan for today is to go get breakfast, finish packing up, check out by 12:00pm and head to Taipei 101. They are calling for a small typhoon to hit the island today, so prayers that our plane is able to take off and we can begin our journey home. Fion will be picking us up at 4:20pm to head to the airport.
Thank to everyone who has sent emails to my Outlook account. Regrettably, I cannot send emails out from either of those accounts so I will do my best to reply once we return home. Also, thanks to everyone for your support, love and patience during this journey. We feel so blessed to have each and everyone of you in our lives.
Okay, enough with me getting all mushy. I am off to the shower while Paul loves up Willow. Can't wait to see everyone when we get home. We are going to take the weekend to begin the bonding with Luc and Willow. Please feel free to contact us next week sometime.
Blessings to all and Zai Jian (goodbye) for now !
Love,
Andrea
6 comments:
Safe travels! I know well that bittersweet feeling -- I think it peaks when you say goodbye to Fion or Mei-Ru at the airport...I am so glad Willow is adjusting so well -- I am so impressed with her naps!
Safe travels home! Hope Willow enjoys the flight home as much as you enjoyed the flight there ;-)
Blessings and see you soon! Love Tracey
Hope you are having a safe uneventful trip home and that you enjoyed your last day in Taiwan. I understand the bittersweet feeling also for Emma. We have to talk when you get home and settled in!!
Andrea,
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. WIllow is gorgeous and I am so happy for you guys. I hope that you keep us updated on her progress at home.
Lisa R.
I love the pic of you two head to head... that is so darn sweet! WW and mini-WW :-)
Thanks for posting Andrea! I loved reading about your trip! Happy travels! Sarah = )
Post a Comment